Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 6 #Juneathon - Such is life


Not the best of days; you know, just one of those ones that doesn't feel right from the off and, despite willing it, it never really gets any better? Like you're walking through treacle? Yep, that. 

I had planned my second early morning run of the week but due to a very disruptive night's shut-eye, that was panned by the incessant walloping of the snooze button. Therefore some post work activity would have to suffice. When it came to it, there was no energy. Nowt. Not a smidge. And even though I knew that I was likely to feel so much better by getting outside in the beautiful evening and fresh air, putting in just a few miles, I just couldn't muster the energy from anywhere. I also knew that I couldn't not do anything as I knew I would only feel worse. So, yet again, I relied on my trusty friends, Davina et al, and put myself through completing the Ultimate Fat Burner, Summer Shoulders and Target Abs section. Admittedly, I did struggle more than I ever have done but I tried to keep good form throughout and make it a quality workout rather than just going through the motions. I would say that completing it was probably my biggest accomplishment of the day. 

It's OK when things don't go to plan; frustrating but really not the end of the world. It's how you deal with it and what you learn from it. Not rocket science, eh, but easier said than done sometimes! I know that tomorrow is another day and it will include a run of sorts although I will not commit to whether it is pre or post work! All I know is that I will get out there and get some miles under my belt, enjoy the scenery & fresh air and shake off the working week - all the components that are needed for a good, quality run.  

Not my cheeriest of blogs but hey, such is life! :o)


2 comments:

  1. Crikey I think it sounds like you did brilliantly! I spent all day today helping at my kids school and by the time I got home was good for nothing bar some yoga. Sometimes that's just the way it goes. You did a whole workout! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen, just a tad disappointed that it wasn't of the running variety but at least I moved. I should have added that to my learnings!
    Just read your (rather fab) blog - and yay you! Keep up the running, it's ace :o)

    ReplyDelete