Thursday 20 June 2013

Day 20 #Juneathon - Virtues

Day 20 and still no running for me. I was planning on another arms weight session this evening but the DOMs have gradually set in throughout the day from last night's effort so I think it best I leave them until tomorrow. My foot is improving, getting better & I am more mobile every day. Although as I am typing this, I am regretting not applying my trusty frozen sweetcorn throughout the day. The fruit salad can wait, it's painkillers for dessert for me tonight! 

It's really frustrating me that I am not able to run. More so with the fact that I have a race in 7 weeks time (not sure if I've mentioned that much, haha!). I know I am no honed athlete, out training day and night or even every day for that matter, but when you reeeeeally want to be doing something and you can't, it makes you want to do it more than ever! A bit like dieting; say you can't have that cake or choc and all you can think about is cake and/or choc! I know they say patience is a virtue but this is not something that I possess right now. 

I am, however, feeling very virtuous with my healthier eating in lieu of any real exercise. I have so far avoided deviating from my eating plan and have finished each day a little under my calorie allowance for the day. Get in! It's been quite a 'cleanish & leanish' week with lots of fresh fruit (raspberries & blueberries are my new best friends!), salads, veg & protein. I've also cut back on the number of cups of coffee I have a day by a) making sure that I drink a pint of water for every mug I have and b) switching to green tea with jasmine. I am no angel and my halo is far from gleaming but it's shining a bit brighter than it was a few weeks ago, that's for sure! 


No comments:

Post a Comment