Wednesday 19 June 2013

Day 19 #Juneathon - A call to arms

Day 19, already?! Cuuurraazzzy where the time has gone!

No running for me still and I am kinda glad of that fact. Not glad that I am still sporting a slightly pathetic, 'look at her trying to be cool & down wit da kidz' limp when I walk or that I am still applying a bag of frozen sweetcorn to my foot throughout the day. Nope, just glad I am not running in this humidity! Much respect to you all out there donning your running kit and heading out there. 

I have actually managed to do some exercise today. In fact, two lots. I managed a limpy-walk to the post office at lunchtime and I have just completed an arms workout with my new weights. Sorry, that should say, with my new 'wow-how-much-heavier-they-are-than-my-old-weights' weights. I am having to type this with one hand as my left arm is trying to stop the uncontrollable shaking of my right hand as I type. I kid you not. I (just about) managed to complete the following routine (posted by Shock Absorber via Twitter) using 2 x 5kg weights: 

  • 10 pushups
  • 24 bicep burners (8 full curls, 8 half curls, 8 full curls)
  • 10 shoulder presses
  • 10 push ups
  • 15 tricep dips
  • 15 back rows
  • 15 lat raises
  • 10 push ups
  • 15 tricep kickbacks
  • 20 tricep pulse backs
It took me a while as I wanted to keep to form, especially as I have increased my weights from 2 x 2.3kg dumbbells, and I did feel a little bit ick when finished, but it was good to do something different and to do some 'proper' exercise. I'm looking forward to being able to incorporate the weights into my running schedule soon but I will maybe drop a kg to make sure I don't push myself too far too soon. Slow and steady. 

In other news, I'm excited that some new reading (and eating!) material has arrived today and I can't wait to get started: 
Here's hoping it does exactly what it says it will!
I'm hoping that I won't have to take any action against the lovely Kate Percy regarding trade descriptions! I am also hoping that after doing my 'call to arms' exercises that I will actually be able to a) hold the book and b) turn the pages! 

No comments:

Post a Comment