Tuesday 25 June 2013

Day 25 #Juneathon - JFDI

Day 25 finds me away from home for the evening once more and, sadly, for business rather than pleasure. So, as usual, the workout kit was packed and after an early start, a long-ish drive and a loooooong & busy day in the office, I found myself debating what to do - to run or not to run? The evenings are still light and although I am pretty sure that the area I am staying in is perfectly safe, I would really want a 'quality run' rather than a 'where does this road go and how am I gonna get back' kinda run. I was also feeling a tad worn out from a shockingly bad night's sleep (always the way when you have early start though, right!) and feeling a little jaded. It would be oh so easy just to have a little nanny nap in the hotel room before heading down to dinner, then cracking on with some work before heading back to the office tomorrow. Oh yes, it would be oh so easy and oh so very nice indeed. And oh so sloth like too. I just needed to crack on!

So there was nowt for it than to perch the laptop on the windowsill, move the chairs, push the bed back and crack on with Davina's 'Fabulous Fat Burner' followed by 'Target Abs'. And I worked hard too as the lure of the Caramel Apple Pie on the menu was proving a little on the strong side! 

Although I do feel tired, it's tinged with a little 'I feel good for doing something' feeling of tiredness. And I am pleased that, when it came to the debating of whether to do it or not, I adopted a colleague's popular phrase, JFDI - Just Flippin'* Do It! I am also pleased that I chose to ignore this phrase & advice when it came to that every so tasty & calorie laden Carmael Apple Pie though.......I didn't JFDI and had a green tea instead. Gotta dash, I've got a halo to polish!!


*Often replaced with a slightly stronger word!!

No comments:

Post a Comment