Wednesday 26 June 2013

Day 26 #Juneathon - Ignorance

Wow. Only 4 days left of Juneathon, where have the past 26 days gone?! 

Day 26 has fallen on what would normally be a rest day for me. Wednesdays are generally too hectic to fit anything in due to working at the Head Office in Wales every week and it is my catch-up-over-dinner evening with my pal, Jolene. I had planned in, what I felt to be, a deserved rest day too as I ran Sunday & Monday and did a pretty hard cardio & abs workout yesterday (my abs are soooo sore today!) However, the temptation to get out and cram in even a little mile on such a lovely evening was growing and, after working out if I could fit it in before Jolene arrived, I was back out the front door 10 minutes after getting home!

I decided that I would only use my (brand spanking new!) Garmin to record my run as I have been so used to using Nike+ on my iPhone that, until now, I have been using both. Weird, I know and I'm not entirely sure why! So I decided to just have the tunes playing on the iPhone & use my Garmin for the stats. Admittedly, it was a bit odd not hearing the mileage milestones spoken to me and I was finding it hard not to check my watch every few mins but I cracked on regardless. It wasn't the best of runs, yet again - I seem to be having an off week - but on a positive, I have managed to shave 20 seconds off of my minute miles since Sunday. I'll take that, thank you! And another 4 miles banked this week. Not bad for a comeback week. 

So, it turns out that ignorance (of mileage whilst running) was not as blissful as expected; not knowing my distance as I run will clearly take a bit of getting used to. Good job I've got a good few events booked in for the coming months, plenty of time to get used to it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment