Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 5 #Juneathon - Good for the soul



Today hasn't gone to plan at all and I am therefore typing this with a sheepishly shamed look on my face.....I have failed to do any physical activity on day 5 of Juneathon.

With today being 'National Running Day' I feel doubly-shamed in the fact that I didn't get out there at all. I am sorry. Sorry for letting my fellow Juneathon participants down; and also letting myself down *sobs*. I am however not feeling too sorry that, as I wasn't out pounding the streets, it did allow me to catch up fully with my lovely friend Jolene without a rushed post-run shower-styled hairdo or a still slightly beetroot-esque visog greeting her as she opened the door. Sure, a run would've allowed me to feel a little less guilty about the number of biscuits I have managed to shovel down during said catch up but to be fair, my training schedule has today as a rest day so being the athlete that I am (no sniggering at the back, you!) I shall wholeheartedly abide by my training schedule. And chat & eat biscuits. They may not be good for the waistline or overall diet but they are good for the soul. And ideal for Day 5 of Juneathon.

Day 6 will be far more active and will involve no custard creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment