Monday 24 June 2013

Day 24 #Juneathon - Short & sweet

After yesterday's tentative trot, I was adamant that I would have a little rest day today and not do too much too soon. However, the post run endorphins were still at a suitably influential level that, after being out on the road & in meetings for the entire day, I was itching to get out and run off the days work worries. I really should have listened to myself as it was not the best of runs and a bit too stop-starty. You know when you first learn to drive and you are getting used to clutch control and it can go a bit kangaroo-hoppy? Well, tonight's pace was a little like that! And if it wasn't the pace, it was my breathing that was like it. Ironically enough, my foot was bearing up OK with only a few twinges....it would appear that the rest of me was falling apart. Still, 3.8 miles in 37 mins is OK for a comeback run and I'll chalk it up for what it was, a run but not my best.   

No comments:

Post a Comment