Wednesday 16 February 2011

A lot of firsts....

Well it's my first foray into blogging and I never thought I would get to do this, I mean, who wants to read what I'm doing in my life? The answer being that I'll just have to wait and see!

One of the reasons for the blog is to keep everyone updated on the progress of the training for my first ever London Marathon (VLM). Yes. Me, running a marathon. I know, it's a little hard for me to get my head around it too but I've had my bluff called (so to speak) and am doing it in 9 weeks time. Oh lordy, I've just realised its in 9 weeks time, eek! I'm running for Maggie's cancer caring centres http://www.maggiescentres.org/ and have a target of £4k to raise for them, along with two friends who are running the VLM and their husbands who are running the Edinburgh marathon. Don't be misled, none of us are athletes - or claim to be - so it's hard. Very hard. But we're doing it and will get round the course. So expect a few more updates as the weeks go by on how we're getting on.

As a sign off, I have to figure out how to get my iPod to work again after it becoming water logged during last night's 6 mile training run in the pouring rain. At least I know I'm not a fair weather runner. Every cloud and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment